Communication is essential to defuse any potential problems when interacting with other levels;
(B) Departments within your company or on your team each have varying priorities and schedules.
(C) Dealing with other resources; companies, consultants, etc. outside of your company.
Participation in this program will teach you to:
1. Collaborate with all department(s) assigned to the project.
- Establish leadership teams.
- Create win/win solutions.
- Effective time management. Accommodate work schedules.
- Develop a systematic plan to remain within budget and meet deadlines.
2. Communicate regularly while the project is under way.
- Form relationships and understand with whom you are working with.
- Set definite methods of contact: phone, email, meetings.
- Build trust to accomplish organizational goals; the bigger picture.
- Exercise open and honest communication about priorities.
3. Focus on problems, not the people.
- Identify the problem in advance and provide solutions.
- Stop the expectations! Make no assumptions. Be calm – not reactive – be proactive.
- Remain flexible. Use effective listening skills. Be open to additional input.
- All facets of the project are not in your control. Accept delays as part of the process.
4. Outside Resources.
- Develop a schedule to reach for the deadline prior to your actual date for completion.
- Establish strong relationships – gather teams and/or departments to achieve specific goals and contribute to the process.
- Provide a platform that allows additional input about the project/assignment.
- Identify goals to establish collaboration, and build confidence within the leadership team.